(images via www.viktorvautier.blogspot.co.uk)
Thursday, 10 April 2014
image via www.shopghost.com
playsuit - BASE Range via Goodhood, sandals - Office, tee - Aries via Urban Outfitters, string bag - Various Projects, sunglasses - Celine, smock top - A.P.C., leather satchel - A.P.C., denim shorts - ASOS, sliders - Isabel Marent
Monday, 17 March 2014
1. cant stop wearing my Isabel Marant Etoile sweater these days, no one warned me that sweaters were so damn comfy?!it's immediately become my best friend while traveling.
2. getting photos developed from the end of last year and being really happy with how the Amsterdam ones turned out.
3. stomping about in my beautiful new manly brogues c/o of Office, the chunky sole is my favourite bit.
4. catching up with Mel with a perfect breakfast feast at the Toast x Cereal event, the perfect combination of beautiful clothing, my favourite food/travel/lifestyle magazine and my girl ;)
5. adding to my collection on my arm with a stringed pearl picked up in Berlin last week and a simple and oh so elegant bangle from Celine, the coolest and most favourite friendship bracelet i will probably ever own!
Sunday, 23 February 2014
a surprise week off work was a double edged sword when i realised that i would most likely end up holed up in my flat watching London slowly flood. a look at the weather reports in Europe and i saw a quick opportunity to explore the south coast of France spending a few days in Nice and Monaco. if not for the lovely people i recommend visiting for the cheap wine (heeello 1 Euro bottles of red!) and insane good food.
Friday, 7 February 2014
(image via www.vanessajackman.blogspot.co.uk/)
replace the wedges with some battered old tan Church's brogues and you've got my dream outfit for the spring! already got my eye on the perfect distressed levis from Goodhood, finding a beautiful jacket like the one above seems a little harder though.
Sunday, 26 January 2014
(images via www.shopghost.com)
a great online zine full of great collages, images and short interviews, centered around our love and obsession of online shopping and creating visual wishlists of items we'll never buy. Shop Ghost is full of inspiration for these current dark rainy evening in London.
Wednesday, 15 January 2014
girls bomber jacket - Nasty Gal, 1970 jumper - Bella Freud, striped top - Whistles, underwear set - Lonely via Urban Outfitters, white shirt - Band of Outsiders, ring - Laura Lee, brogues - Margaret Howell, tweed trousers - Toast, vintage stripe trousers - Where I Was From
Monday, 6 January 2014
- my favourite view over Mitte in Berlin and the happiest moment during one of my several trips there - being tattooed in Budapest on a trip with my good friends, getting to be one of the 'lads' again - train ride through the Polish countryside with my American friend - my first few weeks in New York and that morning we watched the sunrise on Coney Island - a lazy weekend away to Bruges and spending the last night listening to local gypsies play in a 'vampire's' old Masonic home - my only trip back to Ireland not for unhappy reasons last year involved hanging out at empty beaches with my mother and dog and road trips down the coast with my parents - another few weeks during the summer spent in New York saw nightly rooftop drinking, road trips to Philly and eating far too much good food - the last trip to Berlin waking up in a new friends magical looking cottage in the middle of Kreuzburg -
never one for paying much attention to 'new years' and all the resolutions and 'new year, new me' attitude that comes with it, but boy was it a year to remember in 2013.
it was the year of super highs and super tough lows, never seen such a unbalanced year!setting up my new diary its easy to focus on all the bad last year, all the goodbyes i said, but instead i am trying to focus on all my favourite bits, some of them above.
so lets hope 2014 will bring lots more good bits, less goodbyes and more hellos!
i hope you all have something to look forward to and all had some wonderful times over the holiday season, happy new year guys!
Sunday, 29 December 2013
(images via www.whereiwasfrom.com)
i've fallen in love with a website recently...
its the best combination of perfect styling and photography, with beautiful pieces of vintage clothing that you can actually buy! not to mention, the look book is making me think i need to detox my wardrobe in the new year. of course i couldn't resist purchasing the grey turtle neck tee (see above) along with some awesome vintage wide leg Sonia Rykiel trousers. the least you can do is follow their Instagram for some outfit inspiration, i promise you wont regret it...
Thursday, 26 December 2013
(bra set - Cos, angora sweater - Whistles, skirt - Zara, eye liner - Bobbi Brown, boots - Penelope Chilvers, nail varnish - Topshop, lip stick - Nars, sheet tights - Topshop)
....means watching the wonderful 'Das singende, klingende Baumchen' ('The singing, ringing tree') on the living room wall via the projector, wrapping myself up in blush knitwear and black lace details while eating leftover stuffing sandwiches and drinking the last of the Christmas cocktails we made up yesterday.
Merry Christmas everyone, i hope Santa spoilt you all!
Tuesday, 17 December 2013
(images via www.goodhoodstore.com)
doing the last of my Christmas shopping and i cant help but write myself up a wishlist of pieces for myself including these necklaces (by Maria Black) and rings (by Gabriela Artigas) above via Goodhood. my gift shopping so far this month has literally been a case of 'one for you, one for me'. i cant be the only one doing this surely?
Sunday, 1 December 2013
(art in Rijksmusuem - the library in Rijksmusuem - shiny new loafers from J.Crew - the botanical gardens ie perfect place to cure a hangover - stocking up on stripes - an afternoon in the cat museum - perfect tiles - view from Our Lord in the Attic - saying goodbye with lots of wine and yummy vegan food)
as per usual work has taken over my life and so last week i managed to escape London for a few days to visit Amsterdam. I had never been before and to be honest right up to just before my flight i seriously considered jumping on a plane to my favourite Berlin instead, but i stuck with it, curious to see what this city was like.
im glad i did now, its such a funny little mix of streets and people from all walks of life, i feel that to really understand it i will have to return again and again, it seems one of those places you really have to dig into to find the good stuff!
but what a wonderful place to celebrate my birthday and round up a year of various little trips across the sea every month and 'escapes from the city'(my bank account has been in tears all year!). i fear turning 26 there and the new year will bring with it some sensibilities with trips away and even maybe the smallest chance of a saving account? we'll see......
Tuesday, 5 November 2013
Tuesday, 22 October 2013
some pictures i took earlier this year at the Poplin AW'13 secret dinner which was held in the most gorgeous little old timber house in Spitalfields. recently they've have been on constant rotation on my laptop background as i start to get excited for the colder evenings - which in my head means 'bring out the pretty pajamas' (am i the only one who thinks this way?)
and well you cant really get prettier than navy silk stripes or polka dots, and pretty blush chambray sets....